Add a preference to allow automatic saving of metadata to image

While I can appreciate that much of Mylio’s speed comes from writing metadata like “title,” “caption,” and “keywords” to synced XMP files, I would still like to see an option to always write that metadata directly to a file. I would suggest it be disabled by default, to preserve the speed benefits.

I do use the keyboard shortcut to save the metadata to the file (when desired, and when I remember), but that option doesn’t exist on iOS. However, if there was such an option, the desktop version could recognize the changes made on iOS and update the file accordingly.

6 Likes

I made a similar request for a different purpose.

Similar request

Can I second or third this request. I would love it if you wrote the changes directly to my JPG files. I would also appreciate the .xmp files not even existing unless they were needed because the picture had fuzzy dates or something like that…Jackie

I also strongly agree. I generally edit / modify because of a shortcoming in the original, so all I want to go forward with is the “new” image. However, I can understand that more professional users would want to keep the original and alterations. But the ability to keep the new image with “baked in” changes should at least be available optionally without having to export the image.

Yes please.