Feature Request: GPS tracks

I would find it useful if Mylio could display GPS log files, specifically .gpx and .log (Canon .nmea) files.

Ideally this would be on the main Map view but I understand this might not be practical as I have many-many-many tracks accumulated over the years to the point it might become cumbersome and unuseful.

The specific request is to add them to the Map tab on the info sidebar. In this case when you selected a date in Calendar view it would display the corresponding tracks on the map. In addition if you selected a folder it would display the .gpx or gps file(s) located in that folder. It would also be reasonable to assign a GPS file to an album so that it appeared in the album view.

For reference see the photo utility GeoSetter.

2 Likes

@PeteHNH : May I ask you to share your workflow with GeoSetter? Thank you for your feedback.

When I import my photos I place them in a Y/M/D folder arrangement.
My Canon 6D camera also creates GPS log files which are also placed into that Y/M/D folder, as well as any GPX files from my phone (or GPSR in the past).
Browsing to this folder in GeoSetter shows all the GPX/NMEA routes in the folder as paths and photos by location and direction.
I like the Maps on Mylio, they are responsive and visual. I think a feature like this would be very informative.

Thank you for sharing this. I am still trying to make my way through the different possibilities of Mylio - and GPX tracks are one of my rather important demands.