Feature Request: Option to notify of duplicate file tie breaker

When you have a lot of files, and move them around in folders, sometimes Mylio seems to decide it needs a tie-breaker (and sometimes only in some vaults and not all locations). It seems to add a “-1” suffix first time, and then “-2”, “-3”, etc. e.g. a moved file that was called “DSC00123.jpg” before it was moved, becomes “DSC00123-1.jpg” in one or more physical locations. My request would be to have an option to either generate an alert message, similar to that when an import skips files, or disabled Safe Delete prompts to apply detected changes, OR even better, have a search keyword that shows all images that have a tie-breaker name in place within the Library.

Let me know if what I am asking for is not clear.

1 Like

Thanks, we have seen this reported before and from my conversations with the development team this is more of a bug than by design. I hope we can get this fixed soon for you.

@Mylio_Michael Oh, do you have any details on this bug under which scenarios this happens or is likely to happen? Having consistent filenames is very important for me due to the way I handle livephotos on my end. For the matching up of livephotos, the photo and video part of a livephoto need to have the same filename (except extension of course) and I wouldn’t want that to change as without a very good reason.

And right now I’m also in the process of reorganizing all my unsorted photos into folders based on events, so I’m moving around lots of photos and hope my files didn’t already run into this bug.

For when the bug is fixed, I’m also hoping there will be a way to clean up the filenames again to remove those -1 -2 etc from the files. If there’d be an option to do this for all files, this would also solve things for me as I don’t have any duplicate filenames with my filenaming scheme.

1 Like

Nothing to share just yet. I wouldn’t 100% rule it out but usually when an issue like this is addressed it is to prevent it from occurring again so fixing the already affected filenames with an update would be unlikely.

1 Like

Is there any resolution on this. I just found a folder with a bunch of -1 added to the base filename. It’s very annoying.

1 Like