To get the list of people, this SQL query seems to work in the console:
sql SELECT FirstName || ' ' || LastName FROM Party ORDER BY LastName, FirstName
To use this, proceed as follows:
- Copy the entire SQL command above.
- Open the console from the Help menu.
- Use the cogwheel at the top right of the console to set ‘Text Log & Console Output’ to ‘None’, to avoid routine stuff appearing automatically.
- Enter the ‘clear’ command to remove anything already visible.
- Paste in the SQL command from above, all on one line, and press Enter. Make sure the quote marks are ‘straight’ not ‘smart’, and there is a space between them. It should produce a list sorted by first name within last name.
- Enter the ‘copy’ command, and your list will be copied into the clipboard.
- Return the ‘Text Log & Console Output’ to ‘Normal’.
- Enter the ‘exit’ command to close the console (and there are other ways to do that).
- Go to a text editor and paste the clipboard in, and you have your list.
Update: You can change the output order and/or sort order by reversing the field names to suit, like this:
sql SELECT LastName || ' ' || FirstName FROM Party ORDER BY FirstName, LastName