- Use Mylio to manage a large number of photos, and leverage OCR, facial recognition, and all other tools to organize and quickly locate photos across all my devices.
- I do not want to copy all originals as many are huge TIFF scans.
- Like many, when I first started using Mylio - I didn’t fully understand it and am still not 100% sure what I would do if I have to start over.
- My primary ‘Vault’ is an external USB attached HDD.
I suspect I’ve made some errors along the way.
- On my vault drive, I see a Mylio folder AND a Mylio_abc123 folder.
- Source Folders on my PC device include many paths to the external vault USB drive in the Mylio folder, AND paths to other local drives.
example: J:\Mylio\Scans and E:\ReScanned Photos
- Source Folders on my ‘Vault’ external drive all point to the Mylio_abc123 folder.
Is this correct ?
- .xmp files appear on my PC in source folders, which I’d rather they didn’t. Yet some source locations don’t have .xmp files in the source folder - but appear with all the metadata in Mylio. I can’t determine why/when this difference happened.