Mylio can't preview my Fujifilm X-E3 files anymore

I just noticed that Mylio seem to have lost it’s ability to preview my Fujifilm X-E3 files – but only the ones added over the last month. And, btw, is that the icon for lost or corrupted original?

Anyway, I’ve confirmed that the RAW files are in the folders, alongside jpg versions, and can be opened in other software.

Any idea what can cause this and/or how to fix it?

I’m using the latest version of Mylio, 3.18 build 7383, on MacOS. No firmware upgrades to the camera recently.

/Anders

I noticed a few other strange things as well.

First, compare the number under the shield in the upper right corner and the Total Media count. Shouldn’t they be the same? Also, notice that unsupported files are 15, according to this status dashboard.

But if I click to view unsupported files, the cound is now 847.

And if I click Show All, there are actually previews available for a lot of these files that Mylio says are unsupported.

This all seems very strange to me.

/Anders

Did you switch to using compressed raw on your camera by any chance? Mylio only supports uncompressed Fuji raws.

Strange! I do use compressed raw, but have done so for a while and Mylio has been able to show those photos up until now. Is it the jpg-companion that Mylio show for my older compressed photos? If so, why not for the ones from the last months?

/Anders

I’m still trying to understand what’s going on here. I just noticed that the setting Prefer RAW when availble is turned on. From @aearenda’s explanation above, about missing support for Fuji’s compressed RAW files, this might be the problem. But, on the other hand, the previews for the photos taken with the camera are not the RAW files but the jpegs. That’s what I think at least, since the previews obviously are with Fuji’s film simulations which I apply to the jpegs.

One idea: Could it be that a recent release of Mylio turned the Prefer RAW-setting on, but that Mylio still have previews and thumbnails generated from my jpegs for older files? But can’t find anything about such a change in the change log.

This setting is ON by default, and is global (changing it on one device changes it on all of them). The last update should not have changed this behavior either. Re-importing the files with the setting off should use the JPG files.