Mylio Support for Apple Silicon (MacOS)

I know the transition was only just announced and there are no Macs that run on Apple Silicon yet, but it would be great to see Mylio prepare a version of its app to run natively on Macs with Apple Silicon when available. Hopefully this is something Mylio intends to support especially since they already have iOS/iPad versions.

7 Likes

They’re out now, here’s hoping they’ll make a build in a few weeks :slight_smile:

Planning on getting one & a native Apple silicon version of Mylio would be fantastic!

Has anyone from Mylio committed to this yet?

I’m waiting delivery of my new M1 MacBook Air and also plan to replace my iMac with a headless M1 Mac Mini in the near future. I would like to be able to run Mylio natively and not through Rosetta 2.

Hi @robdmb & all,

Sorry for the silence on this. We’re hard at work on our native Apple Silicon version and hope you have it out to all of you really soon! Keep an eye on our What’s New page or the News section of our forums (and I’ll try to remember to update this thread when the time comes!).

3 Likes

Hi @robdmb & all,

Yesterday’s release of Mylio 3.13 included Apple Silicon support. Hooray!

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to let me know. Enjoy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Holy crap, that was fast!
Impressive work, everyone. Thank you!

1 Like

Does the amount of RAM make a difference for Mylio. I’m replacing my iMac with a MB Air and a headless Mac Mini for server like duties (Mylio, Plex and Crashplan backup of our Synology NAS). Just wondering if there is an advantage to having 16gb when the efficiency of the 8gb version is very good.

Also working using desktop sharing from the mini to our laptops, will allow us to work with original content without needing to clutter up out limited laptop SSDs.