Newbie and Sync

I would like to take pictures with my phone and have a copy of the original transfer to my vault. Right now, the actual picture is not there. I would like to be able to take pictures and upload them to places from my computer. I hope I make sense.

1 Like

Hi Juanita - everything you mentioned is possible with Mylio. You need to install the Mylio app on you phone and sing in with the same account you used on your computer. You also need to make sure you have granted Mylio access to all your photos. One other thing to be aware of is that if you’re using an iPhone and have iCloud photos turned on, many of the photos that appear to be on your phone are actually only on the cloud, thus Mylio has no access to them.

There’s more detail about adding your phone and working with iCloud in these articles:

The Sharing section of the support site can help with how to share photos from your computer to other places.

2 Likes

Also keep in mind that the Mylio app must be running both on your vault computer and on your phone at the same time, in order for sync to work. On a computer, Mylio can sync while it’s running in the background. But on your iPhone, Mylio must be actively running in the foreground for it to sync - due to limitations that Apple places on iOS apps running in the background.

EDIT: also try to make sure both your computer and phone are on the same wi-fi network. It’s possible for Mylio to sync over the Internet (eg, computer on wi-fi, but phone on cellular) - but that’s intended as a “backup” solution, and is usually quite a bit slower than having both on the same network.

3 Likes

Installing Mylio on your phone is also a good way to move pictures between platforms, such as from an Android phone to a Mac. No cables needed!

Thanks so much. I was able to accomplish what I needed by change the device quality on my phone to vault and syncing.

Glad you got it working. I’d be remiss if I didn’t offer a word of warning about having your Phone set to Vault. It can lead to the storage on your phone filling up very quickly (unless you don’t intend to have a lot of photos). And be sure your phone is not the only device set up as a vault, that could lead to losing all your photos if something happened to your phone.