Nikon Z7 Preview issue

I have been using Mylio for several years now and have recently run into an issue with previews. Photos from my iPhone 12 and Nikon Z6 show up as Previews on all my devices (as desired), but my Nikon Z7 files only show up as thumbnails making them blurry as I try and review the photos. I checked my quality settings and I have everything set to Sync All Previews, but it just won’t show them. This happens when I have my camera set to either RAW or RAW plus High Quality JPEG. There is lots of space on my devices so it shouldn’t be a matter of that issue. Not sure what is causing this to happen. Any help would be appreciated.

I checked a bunch of files and it appears that it might be lens related oddly enough. When I have the older 24-70 F4 Z lens on the camera it shows Previews as requested. When I use any of the newer Nikon Z lenses such as the 70-200mm F 2.8, 14-30mm F/4 or the 24-70mm F 2.8 it only shows thumbnails. Does camera/lens combos affect Mylio’s ability to recognize the files and therefore create a Preview instead of just a thumbnail? It is very clear that all the photos in my library with the older lenses attached produce Previews and all the photos with the newer lenses produce only thumbnails.

We’ve seen some unique ISO settings possibly affect RAW rendering for supported cameras but it is rare. Can you share some samples with us at support@mylio.com so we can share them with our camera devs?

I submitted an email reply as requested along with a NEF file that is exhibiting the issue.

Thanks.

So today I went on DPReview’s website and downloaded raw files from their Nikon Z lens reviews to rule out anything to do with my specific camera, firmware, etc. Very interesting results. I found the same issues with their files as the ones coming from my camera. When I imported a raw file from their site using an older lens (Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens) the preview was clear and supported Raw size image. However, when I downloaded a raw file from their site using a newer lens (Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S) it would only produce a Thumbnail preview and the image was fuzzy. Both were taken by a Nikon Z7 camera so it sure looks like the newer lenses are what is causing the issue. In my testing that includes, but may not be limited to the Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S, Nikon NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S and the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S lenses. The older lenses like the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S seem to work fine with Mylio. I am also including a screenshot showing the preview issue with the newer Nikon Lens raw files.

Bad Preview Example0

Here is a screenshot of the older lens preview. You can see how it properly displays the Original size preview. This is on the same computer so it shouldn’t behave differently for Nikon Z7 files based only on the lens being different.
Good Preview Example0

Michael,

Please see my topic post as I updated it with more details that might be helpful for troubleshooting this issue. I think this issue may affect all of your Nikon Z6/Z7 customers.

https://community.mylio.com/t/nikon-z7-preview-issue/2980

Thanks! This looks like a bug. I’ve got our dev and test team investigating.

Thanks for checking on this for us!

Take care.

Any word on this fix? I still have this issue. Any update would be appreciated.

We did institute a fix in 3.17 that came out last week. Please let us know if its helping