Option to show entire photo in People

I often find the quality of thumbnails for each person to be so poor as to be unusable. Faces are blurry at best and sometimes the image does not even show a face. (Although could be when faces do not appear I manually “face tagged” them if face recog didn’t get it. Haven’t diagnosed that and shouldn’t have to).

Perhaps there can be a toggle to show the entire photo, instead of “zoom in” on the face?

You can turn this off. Under the View Menu (the three vertical dots on the top right corner) toggle “Zoom to Face” off.

1 Like

@Mylio_JC

Thank you - that works!

Would still be nice if images with “Zoom to face” were clearer, but perhaps that’s due to my specific files. I’ll dig around.

Thanks again,
Joe

1 Like

I am on the latest version which is currently 3.15 and I don’t see this option.

In older versions it seemed to be fine, but once I upgraded to 3.15 I am having this issue where everything is zoomed in and blurry and I don’t like it.

Can someone please explain in more detail where I find this setting to turn off the zoom?

You will not see it at the top level of the People view. You have to be inside a person’s album before the option is available in the View menu

Would still be nice if images with “Zoom to face” were clearer, but perhaps that’s due to my specific files. I’ll dig around.

Yeah Mylio is digitally zooming into a portion fo the photo, so if it is a low resolution photo, the zoomed in area might look blurry.

Ok, just tried that - it only works inside a persons “album”.
How do I keep it zoomed out for the overall/top level of the people view?

Same issue here with low res images of faces in people view, dspite the photo being good enough quality that when I open the photo I can see the face clearly when zoomed in.