Problems with wrong time in videos - AGAIN!

Why is it still problems with wrong date and time in videos in Mylio??!!

I have an Iphone 12 pro. What I do when I import photos from my iphone is to start Mylio on my phone and my windows pc (where one of the vaults is). When all photos are synced, I rename them like this:

Year-Month-Day-HHMMSS-Original filename-4 digitz.

Today I imported 4 videos. 3 of them had wrong time and filename (wrong filename when HHMMSS is part of the filename).

When controlling metadata, it seems like the tag modified date is wrong.

I changed the date and then corrected the time information for the xmp-part of the metadata. But under “File” in metadata it still has the wrong time information (the same as the modified date).

Is the modified date the big problem here?

Is this a bug?? It makes me crazy to change time on videos over and over again!!!

1 Like

Were these videos shot on the iPhone 12 Pro? Are they in .MOV file format, or something else?

If you think metadata compatibility for photos is a mess - video is far worse. An industry problem, not just Mylio.

Yes, these videos were shot with the iphone 12 pro. And yes, they are in .MOV file format.

I guess more of you have this problem? Is it something I can do to avoid or minimize the problem? How do you solve this?

It seems like the modified date overwrites created date somehow?

I couldnt find the right time in the metadata for the videos, so I had to guess. After correcting the time of the videos, they show up in the right order in Mylio. But not in Imatch. I tried to save metadata to files in Mylio, but Imatch doesnt show the corrected time. It still shows the modified date. (The modified date was exactly the same for alle the videos).

I have built myself two little Exiftool scripts, on which I drag’n’drop videofiles from my wife’s iPhone before importing to Mylio to get the date and time right:

For mp4:

if [%1]==[] goto :eof 
:loop
C:\Programs\Exiftool\exiftool %1 "-filemodifydate<datetimeoriginal" \
shift
if not [%1]==[] goto loop
pause

For MOV:

if [%1]==[] goto :eof 
:loop
C:\Programs\Exiftool\exiftool %1 "-filemodifydate<creationdate" \
shift