Remove from Mylio

What will clicking on “Remove from Mylio” do?

Since I got to it via the device iPhone, it seems like it should just be for that iPhone, but then the words would be “Remove from this device” or similar.

If it for all of Mylio, is there a way to have selected photos on iPhone?

It will remove the folder (and all its photos) from Mylio’s database. Which is “global” to all devices that share your Mylio library. The underlying folder & files will remain in the file system, but the entries are deleted from the Mylio catalog.

It’s a little incongruous that you can get to this “global” command by drilling down thru a device-specific Dashboard menu. But you can also get there at least 2 other ways:

• Under Folders, select that folder and choose Organize -> Remove Folder from Catalog
  • Under Edit -> Settings -> Source Folders, click OFF the folder you no longer want in the catalog

I think of Mylio as a replicated file system. Changes on one device are generally reflected everywhere.

I’m not aware of any direct way to EXCLUDE individual files/folders from syncing to specific devices (other than large documents or videos). You can INCLUDE individual files to sync by choosing Device Quality -> Show Customizations, and then choosing ratings, color labels, or keywords for which you want to sync Previews and/or Originals to that device. If you have that set up, then you could exclude a file from being synced to that device by removing a keyword or rating, for example.

And keep in mind - Mylio ALWAYS syncs at least Thumbnails for EVERY file, to EVERY device.

Thank you. I was wondering if I would get a warning if I clicked Remove, but I wasn’t willing to experiment. And thanks for the suggestion on how it might be done. I’m not nearly organized enough to keep up that kind of customization.

“It’s a little incongruous that you can get to this “global” command by drilling down thru a device-specific Dashboard menu.” Understatement!